What is this medicine used for:
Aciclovir is an antiviral medicine, which acts on infected cells by stopping the virus growing.
Aciclovir 400mg tablets are used to:
- treat or prevent herpes simplex infections of the skin and mucous membranes e.g. cold sores and genital herpes (except in children whose immune system works less well and they are unable to fight infections)
- prevent herpes simplex infections in patients whose immune system is not working properly
- treat chicken pox (varicella infection).
Do NOT use if:
- If you are allergic to Aciclovir, valaciclovir or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Do not take Aciclovir Tablets if the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Aciclovir Tablets.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Aciclovir Tablets:
- If you have kidney problems
- If you are over 65 years of age
- If you have nervous system abnormalities, please tell your doctor before you start treatment with Aciclovir Tablets
- To avoid dehydration, it is important to drink plenty of water whilst taking Aciclovir Tablets, especially if you are elderly or taking doses of 4g a day or higher.
If you are not sure if the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Aciclovir Tablets. Other medicines and Aciclovir Tablets Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines. This includes medicines obtained without a prescription, including herbal medicines.
In particular tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any of the following medicines:
- cimetidine (used to treat peptic ulcers) and probenecid (used to treat gout).
- mycophenolate mofetil (used to stop your body rejecting transplanted organs).
- theophylline (used in asthma and other breathing problems).
- Pregnancy, breast-feeding and fertility
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine. Driving and using machines Some side effects such as feeling drowsy or sleepy may impair your ability to concentrate and react. Make sure you are not affected before you drive or operate machinery. This medicine contains less than 1 mmol sodium (23mg) per film-coated tablet, that is to say essentially ‘sodium-free’.
Genuine UK Pharmacy Stock – NHS Pharmacy
instant-pharmacy is the online branch of a genuine UK Pharmacy, as such we are registered with the MHRA to sell genuine “P” Medicines (‘over-the-counter’ medication).
Due to “P” rating of this medication, you will be required to fill in an online questionnaire before we can dispatch your order.
The packaging for some medications may be flat-packed.
We happily cover the cost of all postage and packaging fees.
At instant-pharmacy we want to provide the best possible service for our customers, for that reason products sold by us are delivered FREE of charge.
All items are dispatched within 3 working days of payment receival. We use a range of couriers including Royal Mail & Hermes.
Delivery times vary depending on courier used, but all medicines should arrive within 7 working days of purchase.
We accept returns made within 14 days of receiving your order, on the condition that:
- All goods being in a new sellable condition.
- All items being unopened and unused.
After initiating the return procedure, you will have 14 days to send back the item(s) you wish to return.
You will be responsible for all return shipping charges.
All monies will be refunded to the account from which purchases were made from.
After 14 days of having received your order you will no longer be entitled to a full refund.