- Acnecide contains the active ingredient benzoyl peroxide which attacks the bacteria (germs) known as Propionibacterium acnes, one of the main causes of acne.
- Your doctor or pharmacist has recommended this medicine to treat your acne. Acne appears as blackheads and whiteheads which people often refer to as pimples or spots.
- Acne of the face, chest or back may be treated with this medicine.
- Allergic (hypersensitive) to benzoyl peroxide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine. An allergic reaction may include a rash or itching.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Acnecide.
- Avoid contact with the eyes, mouth, angles of the nose and other mucous surfaces such as the lining of your nose. If accidental contact should occur, rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Acnecide should not be applied to damaged skin.
- Acnecide may cause swelling and blistering of the skin, if any of these symptoms occur, use of the product should be discontinued.
- This product may bleach hair and coloured fabrics including clothing, towels and bed linen. Be careful to avoid contact of the gel with these materials. Please make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly after you have used it.
- Caution should be exercised when applying Acnecide to the neck and other sensitive areas.
- Avoid repeated exposure to sunlight or other sources of UV light (e.g. sun bed)
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are breast-feeding, do not use this product unless your doctor has told you that you can.
- Avoid using this product if you are breast-feeding unless your doctor has told you otherwise. If your doctor has recommended the use of this product while you are breast-feeding, you must not apply the gel onto your chest, this is to avoid exposure of your child to this product.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Acnecide contains propylene glycol.
Propylene glycol may cause skin irritation.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Acnecide is for EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
- Unless your doctor or pharmacist has told you otherwise,
- Wash the affected area with a mild skin cleanser and water, and gently pat your skin dry.
- Apply the gel in a thin layer once or twice a day to all the affected areas.
- If you have sensitive skin apply the gel once daily before going to bed
- Any drying or peeling which may occur to your skin may be reduced if you alter the number of times you apply, i.e. to once a day or once every two days, until your skin adjusts to the product.
- You should try to avoid exposure to strong sunlight while using Acnecide. If exposure is unavoidable, use a suitable sunscreen lotion and apply Acnecide in the evening. Remember to wash the affected area before use.
- How long you will have to use Acnecide will depend on how quickly your condition improves. After you have used it for one month, you should see your doctor or pharmacist again. He or she can then check the improvement of your condition.
If you use more Acnecide than you should or accidentally swallow the gel
- If you should accidentally use too much gel, you may find that your skin becomes irritated. Wash off as much as you can, and when the irritation has gone down, start using it again as directed.
- In the rare event that you accidentally swallow any of this product, seek medical advice.
If you forget to use Acnecide
- Don’t worry if you forget to use your gel at the right time. When you remember, start using the product again, in the same way as before.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible Side Effects:
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If your skin becomes severely irritated, or severe redness, itching or peeling of the skin occurs, or you experience face swelling, discontinue use immediately and consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Tell your doctor immediately if you develop a severe allergic reaction:
Signs of severe allergic reactions may include:
- Raised and itchy rash (hives)
- Swelling of the face, eyes, lips, tongue or mouth (angioedema), having difficulty in breathing
Acnecide may cause the following side effects:
Very common: may affect more than 1 in 10 people
- Dry skin
- Skin redness
- Peeling of the skin
- Burning sensation of the skin
Common: may affect up to 1 in 10 people
- Itching of the skin (pruritus)
- Pain of the skin (pain, stinging)
- Skin irritation (irritant contact dermatitis)
Uncommon: may affect up to 1 in 100 people
- Allergic contact dermatitis
These symptoms are usually reversible if the treatment is reduced in frequency or discontinued.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Genuine UK Pharmacy Stock – NHS Pharmacy
instant-pharmacy is the online branch of a genuine UK Pharmacy, as such we are registered with the MHRA to sell genuine “P” Medicines (‘over-the-counter’ medication).
Please ensure that when buying medicines from eBay that the seller is certified to sell “P” medicines, as we are.
Due to “P” rating of this medication, you will be required to fill in an online questionnaire before we can dispatch your order.
The packaging for some medications may be flat-packed.
We happily cover the cost of all postage and packaging fees.
At instant-pharmacy we want to provide the best possible service for our customers, for that reason products sold by us are delivered FREE of charge.
All items are dispatched within 3 working days of payment receival. We use a range of couriers including Royal Mail & Hermes.
Delivery times vary depending on courier used, but all medicines should arrive within 7 working days of purchase.
We accept returns made within 14 days of receiving your order, on the condition that:
- All goods being in a new sellable condition.
- All items being unopened and unused.
After initiating the return procedure, you will have 14 days to send back the item(s) you wish to return.
You will be responsible for all return shipping charges.
All monies will be refunded to the account from which purchases were made from.
After 14 days of having received your order you will no longer be entitled to a full refund